During my second foray into the college life, I decided to go for an Associate’s in Video Game Design (specifically for the artsy side of the process, rather than the technical parts, for now). During these two years at BCTCS, I have learned how to create GDDs appropriately, construct 3D models using Maya, create textures for those models (using Photoshop and Maya), import assets and create small games with said assets within Unity, and learned overall about the new and old techniques it takes to make an efficient and unique video game.
As with the other landscape pieces I did, I wanted to keep to the same color pallet and themes, and use for those the cave that would be cradle for the centerpiece of this particular scene; this cave can be ventured into in-game, but it is not as deep as it may appear. As for the dirt flooring panel I created, I used it as both the flooring of the cave itself, and as “visible floors” for the player, so they would not be able to venture out of the desired playing area, messing up any semblance of cohesion, haha.
Even though all of the the objects I created were low-poly – regardless of the player model, enemy model, the weapon, the items, whatever – I still feel they all came out better than I had hoped, and feel after putting them together in the scene I keep mentioning, they all fit together perfectly, and really helps show off what I was trying to portray. At this current moment I am working on an Alpha version of this game/scene and plan on rolling out a working Beta at the end of this month (of April), so look forward to some actual game play (whether through a linked video, posted .gif file, or what-have-you)!